Fort Collins is a vibrant community of just under 150,000 residents nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 50 miles north of Denver. An active University town and regional center for employment, shopping and health care, Fort Collins offers the friendliness and convenience of a small town with all the amenities of a larger city.
With and average of 300 days of sunshine per year, low humidity, and moderate winters, Fort Collins enjoys a mild climate year-round. Such idyllic weather combined with city and community support brings annual events with national draw year-round to Northern Colorado. Events include; concerts, brewers festivals, professional cycling and running races, mountain climbing competitions as well as International fly-fishing and game competitions.
Outdoor attractions like Horsetooth reservoir and the scenic-byway running up the Poudre river brings recreational tourism to our “backyard”. Popular activities include; fly fishing, white water rafting, climbing, mountain biking, cross country skiing, snowmobiling and hunting.
Fort Collins is the best city to live and work in…Don’t just take our word for it!
- Ranked 7th on Best Places for Business and Careers: Forbes – Aug 2013
- Ranked 2nd on Top 10 Metro Areas for High-Tech Startup Density: Kauffman Foundation – Aug 2013
- Platinum Bicycle Friendly Community: League of American Bicyclists – May 2013
- Gold Level Certification: Solar Friendly Communities – Apr 2013
- 2012 Tree City USA: The Arbor Day Foundation – Apr 2013
- Robert Havlick Award for Innovation in Local Government recognizing the Sustainability Services Area formation: Alliance For Innovation – Mar 2013
- 4th Healthiest Mid-Size City in U.S.: 2012 Gallup-Healthways Survey – Feb 2013
- 2012 Project Award Winner, Re-construction of the SH 392 & I-25 Interchange: American Public Works Association, Colorado Chapter – Jan 2013
- 2012 Top Downtown in the Country: Livability.com – Nov 2012
- Ranked 3rd on Allstate America’s Best Drivers Report: AllState – Sep 2012
- One of the Ten Best Vacation Cities for Beer Lovers: Yahoo! Travel.com – Jul 2012
- Ranked 3rd in the nation on Best Places to Do Business list: Forbes.com – Jun 2012
- Ranked 11th on America’s Top 50 Bike-Friendly Cities: Bicycle Magazine – May 2012
- Fort Collins-Loveland, Third Skinniest Metro Area on the Well-Being Index: Gallup and Healthways – Mar 2012
- Fort Collins-Loveland Municipal Airport, winner of two “Best in Colorado” awards: Colorado Asphalt Pavement Association – Mar 2012
- One of the Top 10 Best Places to Retire: CBS Money Watch – Feb 2012
- Ranked First, Safest Drivers in America: Allstate Insurance Company – Sep 2011
- Ranked 3rd on the Best Bicycle Cities list: League of American Bicyclists and TheStreet.com – Aug 2011
- One of the top 15 Best Places for triathletes to live and train: Triathlete Magazine – Aug 2011
- Ranked 5th Best Places for Business and Careers: Forbes – Jun 2011
- Fort Collins, One of the Top 10 Cities Adopting Smart Grid Technology: U.S.News and World Report – May 2011
- Top Colorado City for Job Growth, Fort Collins-Loveland: 2011 Best Cities for Job Growth, newgeography.com – May 2011
- One of the Top Ten Places to Retire in the Nation: Charles Schwab’s On Investing – Apr 2011
- Third Happiest Metro Region, Fort Collins-Loveland, CO: Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index – Mar 2011
- 2011 Governor’s Arts Award: Colorado Creative Industries and the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade – Mar 2011
- One of the Top 10 Best American cities to invest your real estate dollars in 2011: Trulia.com – Dec 2010
- Named 5th Most Educated City in the country based on education levels of our adult population: Portfolio.com – Dec 2010
Fort Collins is seeing a revival like never before. With many economic development and renewal projects underway, Fort Collins is bustling with activity and people. Read more about these major projects here. http://www.fcgov.com/mason/pdf/mc-ea.pdf